Monday, September 17, 2018
Tuesday, February 14, 2017
Wednesday, November 30, 2016
This was a fun technique remix. I didn't have all of the things I wanted to create Thanksgiving tag so I made a Halloween one and a Christmas one. I think both turned out really fun!
This beautiful Swallowtail Stamp has to be one of my favorite stamps. It is absolutely beautiful and very versatile. I created 3 cards of 4 colors. I have been gathering ideas of this stamp on my pinterest board. I lifted this idea and technique from several sites. If you want detailed instructions check out Simply Said with Karen's Blog here. I loved this design of fussy cutting and die cutting makes for great interest. I used Wink of Stella, Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens and Distress Markers to color.
The inside of the card used the basket weave corner punch and Impression Obsession stamp - Happiness.
Tuesday, November 22, 2016
I used the Tim Holtz mixed media dies set 1 and 2 allow the mat color to show through. I used sentiment stamps from Our Daily Bread Designs. The corner punch on the inside allows the insert to be removed and the card recycled if desired.
Saturday, November 5, 2016
This card was so much fun to make. I love the spinner. When trying to display it I realized that a standard card would not stay standing. I decided to make it as an easel card too.
Photos seldom do justice to the cards. I wanted to add a video so you could see it in action, Spinner cards have been around for ages, but this fall was the first time I tried my hand with making some. I made several in September for a Halloween Make'n'Take. Then I found a Lawn Fawn die that actually die cuts the channel for the spinner. I can see many more of these cards in my future.
DCWV patterned paper
Bigz Die Tattered Leaves with coordinating Texure Fade
Fall Leaves brads
Sentiments from Texana Designs
Have a Fabulous Fall and
A Thankful Heart is A Happy Heart
Thanks for looking!
Sunday, October 30, 2016
- surfaces: metal foil tape, cardstock, manila tag
- crayons: distress crayons/black soot/picket fence/vintage photo
- paint: distress paint/black soot
- adhesives: distress collage medium/crazing, scotch quick-dry, black foam tape
- embellishments: ephemera/curiosities, adornments/wicked, word bands/incantation
- tools: distress collage brush, distress splatter brush, craft sheet, scissors, tiny attacher, paint brush, craft pick, vagabond
- dies/folders: rivet texture fade
- brother scan'n'cut - scanned and cut out Franky from Texana Designs Stamps (designed by Jillian O'Diorne, my creative daughter)
- misc: wire