Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Jacob's Ladder Albums




UPDATE: The classes were great! A great big thanks to everyone that attended one or both! If you missed the classes in New Braunfels, our next Techniques and Jacob's Ladder classes will be July 9th at Scrapology in Lakeway.

Pam Sivage and I taught several Jacob's Ladder classes many years ago at Scrapbook Fever in Round Rock. This is one that Pam created from 1960s Christmas photos. I love her work!


Here is one of two that I created for the boys in my family a few years back. It is a 4" x 6" and was a big hit as a Christmas gift.


When my daughter went to the lake I decided to make a 3" x 4" Jacob's Ladder with wallet size photos.


This week Jimmye Sue of Texana Designs and I have been preparing for Scrapbook n' More classes in New Braunfels this Saturday. I am teaching the Jacob's Ladder and Jimmye Sue will be teaching techniques to go with it. We almost have a full house 12 and 14. There might be a few more spots available. It is so much fun to play with these albums and impress your family and friends or just show off your pictures. I posted a video of the book in action here.

Original inspiration:
Scrapbook Lounge, Jacob’s Ladder Flip n Fold
with Tricia Morris, May 4, 2007
Great video instructions now archived here

I have made many different variations of this album and taught it several years ago when I worked for lss in Round Rock (still miss the Fever Team). As I find photos of my old work I will try to update this entry with more pics. Below is the class sample for Scrapbook 'n' More in New Braunfels, Saturday 6/18/11.



No comments: