Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Welcome...

What could be more welcoming than a bluebonnet wreath on your front door? I love the Jam'n Barbed Wire Wreath with the bluebonnets. I designed a front door using Sure Cuts Alot just for this stamp. I stamped the wreath and the "welcome" on acetate with staz-on for a clear background or glass window. For the wreath I flipped the acetate over and colored the flowers and bow with copic markers. I used a silver paint pen to shade the wreath. When I turned it over the flowers were too transparent, so I stamped the flowers again and colored them with stardust gelly pens. I adhered them slightly offset on top of the acetate. Now I have more 3-D and a little shadowing also. A small silver brad nail holds the wreath in place and a larger silver brad makes the doorknob.

I wanted something like wallpaper on the inside of the card and found an ancient piece of paper in my stash that looks like stucco. It just need a little Texas greeting wall hanging. The barbed wire heart and "Home is Deep in the Heart of Texas" stamps worked beautifully. I stamped it on thin wood scrapbook paper and paper pieced it on the wall.

Enjoy!

No comments: