Monday, October 21, 2013

Creative Chemistry 102 - Day 2 - Embossing through Stencils

Embossing through Stencils
This tag turned out really cool even before I put the stamped images on it.  I first embossed the hat in copper on the blue kraft core paper, but it just didn't look right after I had it cut out.  So I stamped and embossed with Zing Vanilla on the blue.  That was better but a little too light.  I went over it with a brown blending foam and distressed it a little.  Then I needed a little something to put my sentiment on.  Might as well use the trash... the flip sid of the hat I didn't like worked like a charm!

The pictures just don't do this technique justice.  I below are a couple of close ups where you can see the clear distress powder over the distress ink through the stencils.

If you haven't signed up for Creative Chemistry 101 and 102, you don't know what you are missing!


No comments: