Saturday, November 23, 2013

Add a little color to your life TODAY


How much fun are these stamps!!!  The card below was my first attempt on regular cardstock.  I used the distress markers to color the sentiment stamp and colored the letters of TODAY with distress markers.  I wasn't crazy with it, so I tried blending the colors with water.  That's when I decided that I should have used watercolor paper.  I also knew that I should pull from my Creative Chemistry 101 class and create a custom stamp pad.
THCC 101 Day 4 Tag 3  Re-Inkers: Custom Stamp Pad Technique.  By using the custom stamp pad I was able to emboss with clear embossing powder to keep the ink from blending the words away.  I colored the large letters with distress ink and misted with water so that ink would blend on the watercolor paper.


Texana Designs Stamps:
TODAY
Sentiment:  "add a little color to your life"
Watercolor paper
Distress Markers
Patterned Paper from Doodlebug - Halloween Parade

Texana Design Team
11/2013

No comments: