Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Here comes Halloween 2013




Here are some shaped Halloween cards I created using Texana Designs stamps and various cutting tools I have.

The witch's hat is cut with my cricut and a software program called Sure Cuts A Lot.  I found some antique black paper with stars on it in my vast collection.  I heat embossed the new Jam'n solid bat and cut it out and then heat embossed "Boo to you!' on the brim.  Inside I embossed the sentiment "I love your happy bat-itude!"

The large bat was cut with my Spellbinder's bat shaped die using the largest bat.  While it was still in the die I sprayed it with Glimmer Mist Chalkboard spray - charcoal.  It gave it a nice glimmer with a purple outline.  I heat embossed the sentiment "I love your happy bat-itude!" in black.  I should have used silver or something brighter so that it would show up.  If you look closely you can see it. 

On the inside, I stamped the sentiment upside down, so I had to use a smaller bat to fix my mistake.  I know, I know... you would not have known if I hadn't admitted it, but it just goes to prove I don't always get it right.  On the inside I did use the silver embossing powder and it shows up much better.  I used the sentiment "Have a fangtastic day!"

One of our design team members has a knack for clever sentiments.  It's great to work with such a talented design team.  If you don't know what I'm talking about check out the Texana Designs facebook page.

The moon was create by folding the yellow cardstock and die cutting a Spellbinder's circle leaving the fold uncut on one edge (the same way I cut the bat leaving the fold at the top of the wings uncut).  The medium sized bat die cut was glued on the card to cover the fold and allow the card to stand when opened.  I stamped "Have a fangtastic day!" on the moon and chalked the edges with an orange cats eye liquid chalk.  Inside I used one of my favorite stamps "Batty for You!"

Hope this gets your spooky selves in the mood for a delightful Halloween 2013.

No comments: